Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, Improved Me.

My new year's resolution is simple; improve me. I want to make myself a more well-rounded person. I want to improve every aspect of my life, even if it feels like it could never be better, it can be. I am going to make 2011 my year. I'm going to not look as hard for love, and let it find me. I'm going to be more guarded so that satan cannot get in as easily as he did last year. The person I believe was satan in human form, and I, would have been celebrating our one year anniversary in 6 days. It's hard to think about sometimes, but at the same time, I am so much better off without her. The tears have slowly began to be less frequent. The only time I seem to cry lately, is if I am feeling incredibly receptive to God. When my soul is open and my heart cries out for Him, the emotion overwhelms me. I am going to be the best me I can be. (sorry for getting all Oprah) I'm not going to be so gullible. I am not going to get so lovedrunk that I change who I am. I am back to the me I know and love. My Momma said she finally sees me as an adult, no longer a teenager. I feel more like an adult, and less like a senseless teenager. 2010, you will not be missed. You taught me way too much for me to have liked you, but I am so happy to see you go. You gave me some great people and for that I am eternally grateful, but I am glad that the bad, are out of my life for good. I am proud of the woman I am, and anticipate the woman I will become. Through Him, I will be improved. Until next time, peace and love.




May the road rise to meet you, 
May the wind be always at your back. 
May the sun shine warm upon your face, 
May the rains fall soft upon your fields. 
And until we meet again, 
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment