Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Perspective.

I found something that I hadn't expected to find today--a gray hair. IN MY HEAD. That, ladies and gents, is how you know you've been entirely too stressed. Just a glimpse as to how stressed I am: I am SO excited to have oral surgery in October--just to get a week off. I am trying to learn my way in life, love, and Christ, but in every moment of my life, I seem to lose one of the three.

I took a break from blogging, because I entered my cocoon of introversion. I wasn't feeling up to letting anyone in. Since my last post, I got new ink. Momma² came with, to conquer her fears. She says it's one tattoo, I say it's two, so we compromised on my latest total is 5 1/2. I was asked by someone, "At what point are you planning on stopping?" I don't. Some, like Momma², are phenomenal at scrap-booking. I envy that passion and talent. I liken my tattoos to my scrapbook. I have a memory for each one. I have a meaning behind each one. My deadliest sin, my heritage, my values, my homage to find a cure, and my power verse. My tattoos are therapy. Definitely not a therapist I can see routinely, but the ink never stops listening.
A little back story on my new ink:
When I am really stressed, or scared, or insecure(or all three), my Momma tells me to throw on my Wonder Woman cuffs and keep fighting. Hence, the placement.
Next, the context is my favorite verse in the Bible.
1 Corinthians 13:13 "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." Get it?
This verse gives me the strength to trust God, and fight with the strength He gave me.
 Thus, my power verse, becomes my Wonder Woman cuffs.

 This year, though it isn't over, has been quite the roller coaster. It's been a year of healing, transformation, and modification. I have gained strength that I didn't know was fathomable for me. I have learned which battles are worth fighting, and which ones are better left alone. Believe it, or not, I have learned how to hold my tongue. I may have learned this technique, however, I have not mastered the execution of such. Baby steps.

 I don't know where I'll end up in this life, but I know one thing for sure; as long as I keep my faith, carry on hope, and love with everything I have, I will make it after all.

Until next time, peace and love

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment