Friday, November 18, 2011

Humility

I am learning this really hard lesson in a very stressful way. I messed up my own life, and now I'm paying for it. I'm caught in the crossfire. I'm having flashbacks to a childhood I have fought so hard to forget. I am hurting for my friends, because I know how this is affecting them. At the same time, I am having a hard time staying out of the crossfire. It's everywhere I go. It's at work too. I'm not sure how that is my fault, but the fault was made mine. I'm either gonna scream, or I'm gonna sob, but I'm going to emote soon, and I'm scared of it. I'm at a point where I have been before, and I'm hiding it pretty well. I got myself into this. I have to either figure out how to deal, or get out. There's a reason I'm here and I know my lesson is looming, but I am not patient. So I figure, that is one of my lessons built in for good measure and torture. In all of this, I am honing in on my Savior.
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; 
   I will be exalted among the nations, 
   I will be exalted in the earth.”

Psalms 46:10.
Listening to His voice comforts me, soothes me, and revives me. It's hard to hear it sometimes over the bologna in life, but I'm sure trying to listen harder. I have no choice. I'm gonna explode.

Until next time, peace and love

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment